Complete List of Beth Dissertation Award
FoLLI would like to congratulate the prize winners for their excellent
thesis, and to thank all applicants who responded to the call for
2013 Prize awarded to Wesley H. Holliday for Knowing what follows: Epistemic Closure and Epistemic Logic. Stanford University. Ekaterina Lebedeva for Expressing Discourse Dynamics via Continuations. University of Lorraine,
2012 Prize awarded to Andreas Kapsner for Logics and Falsiﬁcations. University of Barcelona. Daniel R. Licata for Dependently Typed Programming with Domain-Speciﬁc Logics. Carnegie Mellon University,
2011 Prize awarded to (ex aequo) Nils Bulling (TU Clausthal), Modelling and Verifying Abilities of Rational Agents, Mohan Ganesalingam (University of Cambridge), The Language of Mathematics.
- 2010 Prize awarded to
- Dr. Yury Savateev (Moscow State University) for his Ph.D. thesis ``Algorithmic Complexity of Fragments of the Lambek Calculus''.
- 2009 Prize jointly awarded to
- Dr. Emmanuel Chemla (Ecole Normale Superieure de
Paris) for his Ph.D. thesis ``Presuppositions and Scalar Implicatures:
Formal and Experimental Studies'', and to
- Dr. Lukasz Kaiser (Aachen University) for his Ph.D. thesis ``Logic and Games on Automatic Structures''.
- 2008 Prize jointly awarded to
- Dr. Tomas Brazdil (Masaryk University) for his Ph.D. thesis ``Verification of Probabilistic Recursive Sequential Programs'', and to
- Dr. Marco Kuhlmann (Saarland University) for his Ph.D. thesis ``Dependency Structures and Lexicalized Grammars''.
- 2007 Prize awarded to
- Dr. Gabriele Puppis
(University of Udine) for his Ph.D. thesis
``Automata for Branching and Layered Structures''
- 2006 Prize jointly awarded to
- Dr. Leszek Kolodziejczyk
(Warsaw University) for his Ph.D. thesis ``Truth Definitions and higher-Order Logics in Finite Models'', and to
Dr. Chung-chieh (Ken) Shan
(Harvard University) for his Ph.D. thesis ``Linguistic Side Effects''.
- 2005 Prize awarded to
Dr. Ash Asudeh
(University of Canterbury) for his Ph.D. thesis ``Resumption as Resource Management''.
- 2004 Prize awarded to
Dr. John T. Hale
(Michigan State University) for his Ph.D. thesis ``Grammar, Uncertainty and Sentence Processing''.
- 2003 Prize awarded to
Dr. Jason Baldridge
(University of Edinburgh) for his Ph.D. thesis ``Lexically Specified Derivational Control in Combinatory Categorial Grammar''.
- 2002 Prize awarded to
Dr. Maria Aloni, University of Amsterdam, for his Ph.D. thesis ``Quantification under
- 2001 Prize awarded to
Dr. Gerald Penn,
University of Toronto, for the Ph.D. ``The Algebraic Structure of
Attributed Type Signatures''.
- 2000 Prize jointly awarded to
Dr. Jelle Gerbrandy, University of Amsterdam, for his 1999 Ph.D. thesis ``Bisimulations on Planet Kripke'' , and to
- Dr. Khalil Sima'an University of Amsterdam /
University of Utrecht, for his 1999 Ph.D. thesis ``Learning Efficient
- 1999 Prize jointly awarded to
Dr. Peter Grünwald for her 1998 ILLC, University
of Amsterdam Ph.D. thesis ``The Minimum Description Length Principle
and Reasoning under Uncertainty'', and to
- Dr. Matthew Stone for his 1998 University of
Pennsylvania Ph.D. thesis ``Modality in Dialogue: Planning, Pragmatics
- 1998 Prize jointly awarded to
Dr. Nir Friedman for his 1997 Stanford
University Ph.D. thesis ``Modeling Beliefs in Dynamic Systems'', and to
- Dr. Lisa Matthewson for her 1996 University of
British Columbia Ph.D. thesis ``Determiner Systems and Quantificational
Strategies: Evidence from Salish''.